Digipraise, LLC (“Digipraise,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is an appraisal update service for valuable personal assets. Digipraise removes the obstacle owners face in the process of updating and maintaining asset appraisals by streamlining and partially automating the process using a proprietary technology (our “Service”).
It is essential to understand that by using the App, you consent to the collection, storage, sharing, and use of your information as described in this Policy. For that reason, it is important you read this Policy carefully. If you do not accept the terms of this Policy and our Terms and Conditions, do not use the App.
Information Digipraise Collects from and about You
Digipraise collects varying types of information under certain circumstances. Some types of information we may collect about you includes:
- Information You Provide: We receive and store information you submit through use of our App or that you give us in any way (“Personal Information”). Such information includes, but is not limited to, information you provide when creating your user account, such as your name and username, address, phone number, address, email address, and login and password details. We may also collect other Personal Information and data when necessary. We also collect data that is inputted or uploaded by you into the App, including content you upload, such as photographs, all specifics related to the item being appraised, its value, and information pertaining to the initial appraisal and appraiser, and other material of any kind (“User Generated Content”). The collected information is used to enhance and customize the user experience, to respond to inquiries related to the Service, and to communicate with you.
- From Your Mobile Device: Digipraise functions primarily as a mobile based web application. When you use the App as such, we receive device and location identifiers. If you permit the App to access location services through your mobile operating system, we may also collect the precise location of your device when the App is running in the foreground or background. To the extent provided, we may, with your consent, send SMS messages or push notifications to your mobile telephone for authentication, security, and communication purposes. You may opt out of receiving such messages, and can disable these functions any time. However, by doing so, the App may not recognize you as a user and may affect your experience.
- Information from Other Sources: We may also receive information about you from other sources, including third-party website analytic tools, which collect information about visitor traffic; log file information generated when you access or use the App, and other metadata and in some instances, geolocation information. We may combine that data with information we have collected.
How We Use and Share Information
We may use and share your information (including aggregate and anonymized information) in several ways. For the most part, we use personal information to communicate and provide you with your requested information regarding our Service and your appraisal, information regarding new feature or data-related products or services, and to improve your user experience with our App. We may also use your information in the following ways:
- We may monitor and analyze activity, metrics, and trends, and use your information to: (i) verify when you access your account; (ii) learn how the App is used; (iii) understand how you use the App and to deliver relevant content to you; (iv) streamline the App by storing your access credentials and log file; (v) make suggestions and provide a customized experience; and (vi) fix technical errors, update the App, and other internal operations.
- We may employ other companies (including affiliates within our network) to perform functions on our behalf. These service providers and affiliate companies have access to personal and business information needed to perform their functions but are not authorized to use it for other purposes. We do not provide any of your non-public information (such as payment information, password details, or your IP address) to third parties without your consent, unless required by law.
- We may use information to enhance the safety and security of the App and our other users. We will always ensure there is a lawful basis for processing your Personal Information. In addition, we reserve the right to disclose information and any User Generated Content when we believe doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Digipraise’s rights.
- Your information may be shared as a company asset in the event of a potential sale, merger, acquisition, or other change of ownership or control. If we transfer any of your Personal Information in such circumstances, we will ensure your Personal Information and data remain protected and that the recipient of such information will comply with and be bound by the obligations of our Policy.
- Digipraise may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including disclosures necessary to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or pursuant to judicial orders.
How We Protect Your Information
Digipraise will use reasonable efforts to effectively maintain adequate security measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized use, dissemination, modification or loss in accordance with state and federal laws. We will only hold your Personal Information and other data for as long as is reasonably required for the purposes for which we may lawfully use that Personal Information or data unless we need to hold your Personal Information for longer as required by law to do so.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You may access a broad range of information about your user account through the App. You may update your information or deactivate and delete your account at any time. You have the right to opt-out of non-essential cookies, access, correct, delete, restrict, or object to use of your personal information, port your data and withdraw consents, in accordance with national and international privacy laws. Digipraise may, in its sole discretion, comply with your requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law. However, we may not be able to comply with requests to the extent that they would cause us to violate any law or infringe any other person’s rights.
As with all digital platforms and the Internet at large, we cannot control and are not responsible for how others use your information and User Generated Content. We will never ask for your username and password, and you should not share such information with others. If you believe that someone has gained access to your account without your permission, please contact us immediately so that we can investigate.
Notices and Modifications
Digipraise reserves the right to change the App and this Policy at any time. The latest effective date will be highlighted at the top of the Policy. If there are any material changes to the Policy or how Digipraise will use your Personal Information, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. It is your responsibility to review any notices or modifications to this Policy.
Conditions of Use
If you choose to use the App, your visit, use, or any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and our Terms and Conditions, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the State of Florida. If you access any third-party websites via a link from our App, you will leave the App, and will not be covered by any policies relating to our App. We are not responsible for the content or use of your Personal Information or data by any third-party website.
Children’s Use of Digipraise
Our App is not intended for use of children under 18. We do not allow users under the age of 18 to use our App for any reason. We do not knowingly collect, share, or store any Personal Information or other information from children under 18. International Data Transfer Digipraise is in the United States and provides services globally using computer systems in the United States and in other countries. If you are outside the United States and you use our services, your information may be transferred to and processed in the United States.
GDPR and Privacy Shield
(European Economic Area (EEA), UK, and Swiss Users)
It is Digipraise’s policy to comply with European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). In accordance with the GDPR, we may transfer your personal information from your home country to the United States or other countries if there are legitimate business interests, if we cannot provide our services or comply with our legal obligations without transferring your personal information to the U.S., via other compliance mechanisms and for use of the European Union Standard Contractual Clauses, and for our certification and adherence to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks (collectively the “Privacy Shield”). We certify that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement (“Privacy Shield Principles”) for personal data of users in participating European countries. We are responsible for the processing of personal data we receive under the Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfer to a third-party agent and may be liable for onward transfers in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles. This shall not be the case where Digipraise establishes that it is not responsible for the damage caused by the third party.
EU Subjects Can Direct Questions or Complaints to a Supervisory Authority
California residents have the right to opt out of disclosing information to third parties for the purpose of allowing such third parties to directly market their products and services under California’s “Shine the Light” law. Currently Digipraise does not engage in this type of disclosure.
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
Right to Know. You have the right to request information regarding the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you as well as information about how we collect, use, disclose, and “sell” personal information.
Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of some or all of the personal information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. Deleting all data will typically require the deletion of your account, along with all content, including your videos. However, we may retain information to complete transactions, honor opt-outs, prevent fraud, spam, and other abuse, comply with our legal obligations, cooperate with law enforcement, and to exercise and defend our rights.
The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales. You have the right to direct us not to sell personal information we have collected about you to third parties now or in the future.
The Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of the rights described above.
Please not in order to exercise your rights to know and delete, we must be able to verify your identity. Additionally, we may no longer be able to provide you our products or services or engage with you in the same manner should you exercise the right to delete your information.